Search Community

TimelineMax seamless loop

smakinson test
Moderator Tag

Was looking for an option for a TimelineMax instance to seamlessly loop so that there is no gap in when the last items tweens out and the first item starts again. repeat: -1 leaves a gap. Or is this something that must be done manually, say by re-appending tweens to the end as they finish? If done manually, is there a trick to help keep labels in place?

No, there is no gap on repeats (well, unless you set a non-zero repeatDelay). I bet you're just not taking some of your tweens into consideration or something. For example, if you fade an image up at the beginning, then do a bunch of other tweens, then have that same image on the screen at the end, when the TimelineMax repeats the fade up will occur (as it should) but maybe you're wanting it to just skip to where it's already faded in. Is that correct? Help me to understand the dilemma specifically and I'll do my best to help. If you could post a very simple example FLA that demonstrates the issue, that'd be SUPER helpful.

The idea is to slide individual things from off stage on one side to off stage on the other and have them appear to never stop. I'm probably just over looking something simple, but when just using repeat, the first item does not tween out again until the last item slides all the way off. This is correct behavior for the timeline, but I guess what I technically want it to do it sorta overlap itself to start tweening the first item again so it appears as a seemless loop. I may just have to try rearranging the tweens or approaching it differently. Does that make sense? Thanks for your quick response! If I don't get it going, I'll pull this bit out of the project and post a file.