Search Community

Yarn Add Error

pmascis test
Moderator Tag

Hi all,

I usually do this process within a WordPress theme I frequently re-use and have no issues.
I'm currently working on a new project which I've initialized from scratch, but am having adding the gsap/shockingly (active) package.

Using Webpack and Yarn 1.22.19
Following the instructions in the my profile page, I've created a .npmrc file and added my token within.
But when I run: yarn add gsap@npm:@gsap/shockingly

I get the error:

$ yarn add gsap@npm:@gsap/shockingly
yarn add v1.22.19
[1/4] 🔍  Resolving packages...
error An unexpected error occurred: "https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly: write EPROTO 15640:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:c:\\ws\\deps\\openssl\\openssl\\ssl\\record\\ssl3_record.c:332:
".
info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in "C:\\project\\yarn-error.log".
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/add for documentation about this command.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Well... now it works. Immediately after I make a post 😖, just not exactly certain why...
I tried this on Friday and at the time thought perhaps it's just a server error, so I left it until now now (Monday morning) and it failed again, same message as last week.
I just thought I'll try disabling this Malware Bytes application, I then tried again and it worked.
To try and double check this was the cause of the issue, I removed all traces of the install/node_modules then re-enabled Malware Bytes, tried again and somehow it worked fine. So no idea.

Mods feel free to delete this if you want, or if anyone can still weigh in on what might have been the issue that might be helpful to me/someone else later.