Search Community

Green sock Python plugin

Parrot Puppet test
Moderator Tag

Hello @GSAP Helper

I’ve been a GSAP animator for many years developing banners using HTML, CSS and JavaScript 

I’ve now moved into the Motion Designer role using Adobe After Effects and Blender 3D. Unfortunately everything thing is key frame based in these programs 

I honestly really miss the efficiency of GSAP. My favourite era was when we could use a hybrid Adobe Animate/Flash timeline and program GSAP to make animations 

Is there any chance there is a way to use GSAP in Blender 3D? It has a panel for scripting but I can’t figure out how to use GSAP with Python/Blender API

The only way to use GSAP with 3D these days, is to export the model and animate in the browser

Blender would be a very powerful tool is we could GSAP inside the programs like the Adobe Animate/Flash days

Thanks for your time!

Hi,

Unfortunately I have zero experience with Python and those programs (AE and Blender) so I couldn't tell you.

I think that @PointC has some experience with After Effects. If that is true and not a neuron spinning in the wrong direction in my brain, maybe He could share some insight on it.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

Noticed the following Blender script the other day. It’s fairly new but maybe something to keep an eye on. Definitely an interesting endeavor so hopefully it develops further.

B2G - Export Blender animation to GreenSock

https://github.com/gecko0307/b2g

You can use Bodymovin / Lottie coming out of After Effects (or other apps) with GSAP.  Search around and you’ll find various information and examples pertaining to that across the web.

• Like 3