Search Community

Infinite horizontal animation

SuckMyKiss test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well.

I'm actually tryin to make an infinite horizontal animation but unfortunately I'm a bit confuse about the x translation i have to mention to fix it.

Here a link : https://stackblitz.com/edit/stackblitz-starters-hg5vzw?file=tailwind.config.js,postcss.config.js,src%2FSlider.js,src%2FApp.js,src%2Fstyle.css&title=GSAP Starter

I would like to make it more "automatic" means that if cards change of size it will recalculate to maintain the effect. Is it possible ?

Can anyone help me to understand ?

Thanks in advance

• Solution

Hi,

In this cases is better to use the Horizontal Loop helper function:

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/HelperFunctions#loop

See the Pen ZELPxWW by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Here is a fork of your demo that uses it:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/stackblitz-starters-wzfb58?file=src%2Fhelpers%2FhorizontalLoop.js,src%2FSlider.js&title=GSAP Starter

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi @Babken and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo - the issue could be caused by CSS, markup, a third party library, your browser, an external script that's totally unrelated to GSAP, etc. Would you please provide a very simple CodePen or Stackblitz that demonstrates the issue? 

Please don't include your whole project. Just some colored <div> elements and the GSAP code is best. See if you can recreate the issue with as few dependancies as possible. If not, incrementally add code bit by bit until it breaks. Usually people solve their own issues during this process! If not, then at least we have a reduced test case which greatly increases your chances of getting a relevant answer.

Here's a starter CodePen that loads all the plugins. Just click "fork" at the bottom right and make your minimal demo

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Using a framework/library like React, Vue, Next, etc.? 

CodePen isn't always ideal for these tools, so here are some Stackblitz starter templates that you can fork and import the gsap-trial NPM package for using any of the bonus plugins: 

Please share the StackBlitz link directly to the file in question (where you've put the GSAP code) so we don't need to hunt through all the files. 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

Hi,

I tested your stackblitz example and I don't see the issue you mention in the image. Finally we can't debug live sites so there is not a lot we can do there and I don't see that particular elements in the live page.

I'd suggest you to start with just plain HTML and CSS without any framework in order to simplify it as much as possible and then add it to a framework in an isolated component.

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!