Search Community

Animate Arrow Brush Along Path

Anthony Hamill test
Moderator Tag

Thank you for your reply. Your example is very close, but not not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like those arrows to move along the path, while the body of the arrow morphs to the shape of the map. Everything I've seen is a single element moving along the path, but not changing shape. Maybe the best way to describe it would be an animated dashed line along a path, but the each dash has a chevron or triangle on the tip of it.

That thread was just to show you how to animate along a path that is changing during the animation as that's the tricky bit of what you're trying to do. Morphing a target object as it follows the motion path is fairly straight forward. Plop your morph elements into a group and have the group follow the motion path. Then you just need a separate tween on the timeline to handle the actual morph. 

Basic example.

See the Pen ExdmaRr by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2

hmmm... that's a bit different than the first post was describing. I don't see any morph nor is the path changing during the animation. You could certainly do some calculations to drop the arrowheads into the correct positions, but since you're a Club member, I'd probably use DrawSVG and the MotionPath plugin together to get to the most flexible solution. 

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2

Yeah, I think I shouldn't have used the phrase "morph along the path". Maybe the better terminology would be the body of the arrow would "snake along the path". Also, I didn't introduce the path changing, yet. That is still part of the requirement for this project.