Search Community

Gsap vertical infinite loop

Sukru test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Is there a way to tie the vertical loop helper function to scroll velocity or delta.y for example?

So having the helper function paused by default, and tapping into either of the above values to progress the timeline on scroll?

I have attached a demo of kind of what i'm after in terms of scroll (I don't intend to use the example for my work 😇)

See the Pen OJBxeMm?editors=0011 by jackkemm (@jackkemm) on CodePen

Essentially the columns would be paused, and animate in opposite directions using either of the above values to create the momentum/acceleration effect.

Thanks,

Jack

Yep, pretty much anything is possible. You're wandering into the realm of paid consulting though because it's beyond the kind of custom help we can provide for free in these forums. It looks like you sorta got it working - what exactly isn't working the way you want? 

Hey @GreenSock,

Thanks for the reply. It's effectively just the velocity and giving it a slower momentum. I noticed that doing it this way will cause the vertical loop to go backwards on itself when it reaches a point.

I'm going for something like this but without the auto scrolling:

See the Pen oNGEvmw by cameronknight (@cameronknight) on CodePen

Hey @Rodrigo,

That's a perfect example thanks, but for this use case i'd like to try use the velocity to give the scroll some momentum rather than using timeScale.

Is there any hint you can provide to get going with using velocity and progressing the vertical loop timeline at all?

Thanks,

Jack

• Like 1