Search Community

Tweening alpha from 0 to 0

szaqal test
Moderator Tag

Hi

I've got a movie clip on stage with alpha set to 0 (in Flash CS5) and I want to tween it to 0:

TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {alpha: 0, onComplete: showMC});

and my problem is that tween is running for 1s (traceing mc.alpha in onUpdate function results always 0) instead of fire onComplete imediatley. Is this a bug or intended action?

That is the intended behavior. If you tell a tween to last 1 second, it will honor that. If it immediately stopped itself and fired its "onComplete" when the start and end values of every property were identical, many people would consider that to be a bug because they may write code that depends on the duration being honored. No tweening engine I know of stops a tween immediately if the start and end values are the same (maybe there are some that I just don't know of).

In any case, yes, to answer your question that is the intended behavior.

Hi,

I have one movie clip called "mc" (Instance name also "mc")on my form. But I am getting the following error:

1120: Access of undefined property showMC.

The following is the code:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenLite.to(mc, (mc.alpha == 0 ? 0 : 1) , {alpha: 0, onComplete: showMC});

Thanks.

Thanks.

Just I am watching other users code and trying to see the effect on my demo projects. What code should be there on complete handler to get the effect which he mentioned here? I thought it might be the full working code example without adding any more code. So I tried the same and got error.

Thanks.