Search Community

How can I stop a auto sliding slide by hovering mouse on it?

learner_7n test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I have downloaded a auto slide zip file suggested by Mr. Greensock which is really superb. But I need one modification to stop auto sliding the slide when hovering mouse on it. Since I could not figure it out, I am attaching those Actionscript files and seeking help for the code to be modified/added to stop sliding on hovering the mouse and on release it should slide.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't understand the effect you're after. In the example I built, the auto scrolling only occurs when your mouse is over the thumbnails at the bottom. If you want it to stop auto scrolling when the mouse is over a thumbnail, that means nothing will ever scroll. Right? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding something, so please provide some more details.

Thanks for the reply. I am talking about the Images. Thumbnails scrolling is fine.

In another way, how can I pause the image (auto scrolling) when I want to hold scrolling for few minutes or for few more seconds. Either I need a "Play" "Pause" button for scrolling or by just hovering my mouse on an image should stop scrolling.

Please help.

If you want to stop the auto scrolling, you can just use TweenLite.killTweensOf(_thumbnailsContainer) and also use a Boolean variable to track whether or not auto scrolling should be allowed and add some conditional logic to the _enterFrameHandler() method accordingly. So if it shouldn't be allowed, don't create any tweens.

If you want to manually tween the _thumbnailsContainer (like when the user clicks a button), it should be as simple as firing off a TweenLite.to() after stopping the auto scrolling.