Search Community

Can't even understand what's not working with the scroll or the splittext

Kkkrxs test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Kkkrxs,

Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement the first animation text effect in this codrop on my document: https://tympanus.net/codrops/2023/02/22/some-more-on-scroll-typography-animations/ 

The person who did the animation used splitting.js to split the elements into spans but since the place I started working at has club greensock i wanted to convert this code and make it work with GSAP Splittext, the facts is that i can't seem to make it work, I divided the elements with the splittext and that works since i could console.log them and they seem to be divided as they should.
Tried replacing the tags with what i thing needs to be replaced but nothing, I can't even get an error on the console(first time i complain about NOT getting errors in the console ahaha).
Can someone help me please and if possible provide me with an explanation so i can learn from my mistakes ? :)
Thanks in advance to everyone<3

See the Pen by pen?template=dyqqNQY (@pen?template=dyqqNQY) on CodePen

• Solution
On 3/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, Kkkrxs said:

Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement the first animation text effect in this codrop on my document: https://tympanus.net/codrops/2023/02/22/some-more-on-scroll-typography-animations/ 

The person who did the animation used splitting.js to split the elements into spans but since the place I started working at has club greensock i wanted to convert this code and make it work with GSAP Splittext, the facts is that i can't seem to make it work, I divided the elements with the splittext and that works since i could console.log them and they seem to be divided as they should.
Tried replacing the tags with what i thing needs to be replaced but nothing, I can't even get an error on the console(first time i complain about NOT getting errors in the console ahaha).
Can someone help me please and if possible provide me with an explanation so i can learn from my mistakes ? :)
Thanks in advance to everyone<3

See the Pen by pen?template=dyqqNQY (@pen?template=dyqqNQY) on CodePen

I found the solution by myself, I just need to change the function names according to the ones in my document