Search Community

502 Bad Gateway?

Titel Media test
Moderator Tag

Hello! I've started to use GSAP Club plugins last week, and today my build is breaking because of this Gateway error. I would like to know, according to the community experience,  if I can rely on Greensock NPM or if I should search for an alternative for the future.

@Pedro Rezende Yea, we have been using it for a while now but honestly, we have had issues come up often enough to make it annoying. We are using yarn and Docker, so I am aware that there have been some reported issues with yarn and private repos, however, this issue is something new. I too have considered seeing if my team would consider using something else.

Very sorry, folks! Apparently Digital Ocean (which PrivJS uses) has been having issues going down intermittently. SUPER annoying! PrivJS is migrating to a different service to avoid these problems very soon. No more Digital Ocean at that point. Thanks for your patience. @Prasanna can you please give an update when you have a chance? 

In the meantime, you can snag all the GSAP files from your account dashboard. There's a "npm-install-this" folder in there with a .tgz file that you can drop into your project directory, then open your terminal and do "npm install ./gsap-bonuz.tgz". For more instructions, see https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Installation#npm-club for more details. 

• Like 3

@Pedro Rezende, In the two years I've worked at GreenSock the private repo's never gone down. 🫠 Very frustrating and incredibly bad timing as you signed up last week. We're so sorry about this. Blasted Digital Ocean.

@ngati016 - Also sorry about the yarn issues, similarly frustrating when these things pop up as they're on Yarn's side and not ours, but I think the main problem points have been answered now by @Prasanna, he's made some sample repos and written articles to help

https://github.com/prasannamestha/gsap-netlify-yarn

https://blog.privjs.com/article/how-to-install-club-greensock-packages-on-digitalocean-aws-etc

• Like 2

Hello everybody, my sincere apologies for all these issues. In the last 24 hours we recieved a massive number of requests which our cloud service failed to handle.

The services are back online now. Our team has also put measures to prevent this from happening again.

Going forward, we will be migrating our services to multiple cloud services in order to prevent any downtime. I am very sorry for the troubles you faced in the past 24 hours.

Prasanna

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2