Search Community

How to fix width in section? ScrollTrigger

Roman S. test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hm, I read your question a few times and I still don't understand. Even if I completely delete all ScrollTrigger code (all JavaScript in fact) in your demo, it looks nothing like your screenshot. Are you asking about something related to GSAP/ScrollTrigger or are you asking more of a "how do I style this in CSS" kind of question? 

Here are some tips that will increase your chance of getting a solid answer: be sure to include...

• A clear description of the expected result - "I am expecting the purple div to spin 360degrees"
  • A clear description of the issue -  "the purple div only spins 90deg"
  • A list of steps for someone else to recreate the issue - "Open the demo on mobile in IOS safari and scroll down to the grey container" 
  • A minimal demo that clearly illustrates the issue

GSAP Helper Yes, I also tried deleting the js code, but it remains the same. It's a matter of styles, I need to correctly set the width for the container (.reviews__inner) or parent ( .reviews ). You likely won't answer the question regarding only styling, so thank you for the tips!

• Solution

Hi @Roman S. is you're issue that your elements are not obeying the width you've set? That is because flexbox is trying to 'help', flexbox will automatically distribute the elements over the width you've given it. You can overwrite that using the flex-grow, flex-shrink and flex-basis property or the short hand flex: 0 0 "your width". You're right that this is a CSS issue and we like to focus these forums to just GSAP related questions. Still hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen GRXOvgo?editors=0110 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 4