Search Community

Business https://npm.greensock.com/ registry is down

Carlos Lorca test
Moderator Tag

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am getting the issue as of 5 mins ago:

error An unexpected error occurred: "https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly/-/shockingly-3.11.4.tgz: connect ECONNREFUSED

Is this still an ongoing issue? I tried what @Raymall Pérez said above but no luck still.

Thanks,

Jack

I'm currently experiencing this issue when installing using the private registry. Here's the output from my latest failed vercel build. (Experiencing same logs when re-installing node modules locally)

npm ERR! code E502
npm ERR! 502 Bad Gateway - GET https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /vercel/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T19_38_01_778Z-debug-0.log
Error: Command "npm install" exited with 1
BUILD_FAILED: Command "npm install" exited with 1

26 minutes ago, level2d said:

I'm currently experiencing this issue when installing using the private registry. Here's the output from my latest failed vercel build. (Experiencing same logs when re-installing node modules locally)

npm ERR! code E502
npm ERR! 502 Bad Gateway - GET https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /vercel/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T19_38_01_778Z-debug-0.log
Error: Command "npm install" exited with 1
BUILD_FAILED: Command "npm install" exited with 1

Got exactly the same issue right now with my build broken, lol

Very sorry, folks! Apparently Digital Ocean (which PrivJS uses) has been having issues going down intermittently. SUPER annoying! PrivJS is migrating to a different service to avoid these problems very soon. No more Digital Ocean at that point. Thanks for your patience. @Prasanna can you please give an update when you have a chance? 

In the meantime, you can snag all the GSAP files from your account dashboard. There's a "npm-install-this" folder in there with a .tgz file that you can drop into your project directory, then open your terminal and do "npm install ./gsap-bonuz.tgz". For more instructions, see https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Installation#npm-club for more details. 

Hello everybody, my sincere apologies for all these issues. In the last 24 hours we recieved a massive number of requests which our cloud service failed to handle.

The services are back online now. Our team has also put measures to prevent this from happening again.

Going forward, we will be migrating our services to multiple cloud services in order to prevent any downtime. I am very sorry for the troubles you faced in the past 24 hours.

Prasanna

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Meet Bhatt said:

The "npm-install-this" version is timing out locally too.

That sounds odd to me because when you npm install that .tgz file, it's done locally so there are no requests to any servers or private repositories, etc. - it's just pulling the files directly from that local .tgz file. I'm confused about how a local file could "time out". Perhaps I'm missing something obvious (?)

26 minutes ago, Prasanna said:

The services are back online now. Our team has also put measures to prevent this from happening again.

Great, thanks for the update @Prasanna. Glad things are back online. 

48 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

I'm confused about how a local file could "time out". Perhaps I'm missing something obvious (?)

I think the npm install on the .tgz still tries to download something from the registry, and that request times out.

Also still getting a 403 on vercel. Works fine locally now.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 12.25.33 AM.png

3 minutes ago, Meet Bhatt said:

I think the npm install on the .tgz still tries to download something from the registry, and that request times out. Pardon my french ;)

Oh that definitely shouldn't happen. There's no reason for it to connect to anything. It's literally just like a zip file containing all the GSAP files, that's it. When you npm install ./gsap-bonus.tgz (assuming you put that file in your project's directory), it basically unzips that file and puts the contents into the node_modules folder. Zero network connectivity necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Meet Bhatt said:

Also still getting a 403 on vercel. Works fine locally now.

Hm, @Prasanna? Got any ideas there? From what I remember, Yarn has known bugs related to private repos. I wonder if you've stumbled on one of those.