Search Community

HOW TO: Building a basic Gallery with LoaderMax

Zync test
Moderator Tag

G'day guys and girls,

So I thought I'd take a go at making a video tutorial for LoaderMax after introducing it to my 2nd year AS3 class this year. I'm a University Teacher from Melbourne, Australia by the way. It's going to be a 2 part and the first part is available for download below. This is meant to be a really basic concept of how you could go about building a gallery from scratch, so it's probably not going to be as optimized as it could be and its also aimed at a relatively new (2nd year Uni students) actionscript developers. Unfortunately I didn't realize Youtube has a cap of 15mins and the first part runs for 18, but I might end up re-recording it for Youtube or just try and find another place to host it. For the moment though you can grab it from my site.

Tutorial Assets:

DOWNLOAD ~ 600KB

PART 1: Loading our XML and Thumbnails

DOWNLOAD - 18mins ~ 40meg mp4

PART 2: Loading our main Image, setting up click Handlers & Tweens

COMING SOON

Cheers all, comments and constructive crits always welcome

-Z

Great job, Zync! Thanks for posting this. Have you thought of just speeding up the video itself so that it fits within YouTube's 15-minute requirement? Let me know if you need help with that. I could do it with After Effects.

Also, this tutorial earns you a "Shockingly Green" Club GreenSock membership. I just upgraded your account :)

Once you get it into YouTube, let me know so that I can add it to the learning resources page at http://www.greensock.com/learning/

Can't wait to see part 2.