Search Community

ScrollTrigger error

FrEZ test
Moderator Tag

gsap-core.js:89 

Invalid property scrollTrigger set to {trigger: div.fifth-wrap, start: 'top center', end: '+=400', scrub: true, markers: true}end: "+=400"markers: truescrub: truestart: "top center"trigger: div.fifth-wrap[[Prototype]]: Object Missing plugin? gsap.registerPlugin()

When I console.log ScrollTrigger I get this
ScrollTrigger2(vars, animation) {
    _coreInitted || ScrollTrigger2.register(gsap) || console.warn("Please gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger)");
    this.init(vars, animation);

Could the problem come from the fact I am using multiple scrolltriggers?

let fifthWrapText = gsap.utils.toArray('.fifth-wrap')
fifthWrapText.forEach((section) => {
  let title = section.querySelector(".business-title");
  let text = section.querySelector(".business-general");
  gsap
    .timeline({
      scrollTrigger: {
        trigger: section,
        start: "top center",
        end: "+=400",
        scrub: true,
        markers: true
      }
    })

.from(title, {
      opacity: 0,
      x: 500
    })

.from(text, {
      xPercent: -120
    });
});

That error means you didn't register the plugin, so GSAP has no idea what "scrollTrigger" is inside a tween. It thinks you're literally trying to animate a property of your object that's named "scrollTrigger". The solution is hinted at in the error message itself :)

gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger);

10 hours ago, FrEZ said:

gsap.registerPlugin(Observer, ScrollTrigger, ScrollToPlugin);

I do register the plugin, just forgot to include it in the code

Hm, it doesn't sound like that is getting executed then. It's very difficult to troubleshoot blind, though - can you please provide a minimal demo that clearly shows the issue? That error definitely means that ScrollTrigger hasn't been registered. 

12 hours ago, GreenSock said:

Hm, it doesn't sound like that is getting executed then. It's very difficult to troubleshoot blind, though - can you please provide a minimal demo that clearly shows the issue? That error definitely means that ScrollTrigger hasn't been registered. 

See the Pen MWBMWYb?editors=1111 by FrEZy (@FrEZy) on CodePen

The animations aren't the most precise, but the idea is that on codepen everything works fine. On my project it doesn't where it's all the same, except, as I said, I have multiple ScrollTrigger.observe and Observers. Could that be the issue?

Could I get an actually working prototype of a scrolltrigger in action, so that I can test if it's from my animation? Though I don't get the error in the codepen, the aniamtion as a whole doesn't function. My scroller isn't the body, it's a custom element

On 2/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, GreenSock said:

See the Pen MWBMWYb?editors=1111 by FrEZy (@FrEZy) on CodePen

The animations aren't the most precise, but the idea is that on codepen everything works fine. On my project it doesn't where it's all the same, except, as I said, I have multiple ScrollTrigger.observe and Observers. Could that be the issue?

Didn't find a reason why it doesn't work but when I use ScrollTrigger.create it works.

24 minutes ago, FrEZ said:

No, it doesn't matter how many ScrollTriggers/Observers you've got. The only thing I can think of is if you're creating multiple CONFLICTING ones. Are you using React or something? I wonder if you're not doing proper cleanup. Again, it's very difficult to diagnose blind.

Your CodePen had several problems which @Cassie already addressed but your latest demo doesn't seem to incorporate any of her corrections. 

Make sure you're using the latest version of GSAP in your local project too.