Search Community

ScrollSmoother 'speed' option bug in GSAP 3.11.4

plusex test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by plusex,

I mentioned this in another 'resolved' thread but i thought its another issue that deserves its own thread so here it is.

Using ScrollSmoother, if the new speed option introduced in 3.11.4 is set to a value other than 1  ,
if you pause the smoother instance with this.scroller.pause this.smoother.paused(true), and then unpause it with this.smoother.paused(false) and scroll, the page jumps back / upwards.

I saw an unreleased 3.11.5 version was shared in another thread. Wanted to try that, but im using npm and was wondering how i can fix this bug.

Replicated the issue here on this pen:

See the Pen PoBxWrL by farisk (@farisk) on CodePen

Thank you . I used the npm package of 3.11.5 and while that solved the initial issue, it seems to have caused / uncovered another bug.

When i pause the smoothscrolling instance, and open a overlay modal, it works fine as i scroll inside the modal.
but while keeping the modal  open and if i scroll outside of the modal (on the main page behind), you can see the page suddenly jump to the end of the scroll.  (i know its the end of the scroll because if i close the modal, i can see the scroll bar at the end of the page and scroll up works as before)

i cant replicate this error on codepen because of what seems like version conflict issues with the other plugins after replacing with your updated version (it already broke the original pen i added in the first post). but i captured a video on my actual code: