Search Community

Fire an animation in hero then let scrolltrigger take over

DevC test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm not seeing anything that adds a class to the gradient element or animating it in any way, also I don't see a hero element of any kind. There is a vh-hero class in the CSS but that's all I see.

You could use the DOM Content Loaded or load events for this:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/DOMContentLoaded_event

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/load_event

You could setup one of those events in order to animate the gradient bar or add/toggle a class to the element.

8 minutes ago, DevC said:

Does it make sense for the hero to have a tween it's own? Will scrolltrigger handle things from there?

If you want to toggle the bar animation:

let bar = gsap.timeline({ paused: true });
bar.to(".GradientBar", {
  translateY: 0
});

As I mentioned before, you could set up a specific loaded event to play that animation and then manage it with ScrollTrigger on each section as it's already working, since every section basically plays/reverses the bar animation.

As I mentioned before is not clear to me what exactly you're trying to do so a little clarification or a more explicit example would be great.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Happy Tweening!

Hi,

I don't see any hero element and/or animation in your codepen example. Code-wise is not clear to me what you're trying to do. Based on your description I don't know what possible approach could be the best:  if creating a ScrollTrigger instance for the hero to show/hide the bar or use a loaded event to show the bar.

Please be as explicit as you can about what are you trying to do and reflect your attempts in a minimal demo.

Happy Tweening!