Search Community

Sliding issue

Jamil test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Cassie,

I have created slider which move vertically like marquee tag of html its working fine but issue is when end reaches its suddenly start from beginning with jumps its weird i want it move to continuously whiteout break or jump in the middle here is my code that ma using, i have used yoyo:true but its start from bottom to top and when end reaches its again slide from top to bottom. Please visit this page to see output of slider https://kendry.ai/homepage/

$(function () {
      const loop = document.getElementById("slider-v");
      console.log(loop);
      const loopAnim = new TimelineMax({
        repeat: -1,
        yoyo: true,
      });

let loopItem = (window.innerWidth, loop.children[0]);
      loop.appendChild(loopItem.cloneNode(true));

loopAnim
        .to(loop, 30, { ease: Power0.easeNone, yPercent: -66.66666 })
        .to(loop, 0, { ease: Power0.easeNone, y: 0 });
    });

It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo - the issue could be caused by CSS, markup, a third party library, your browser, an external script that's totally unrelated to GSAP, etc. Would you please provide a very simple CodePen or CodeSandbox that demonstrates the issue? 

Please don't include your whole project. Just some colored <div> elements and the GSAP code is best (avoid frameworks if possible). See if you can recreate the issue with as few dependancies as possible. If not, incrementally add code bit by bit until it breaks. Usually people solve their own issues during this process! If not, then at least we have a reduced test case which greatly increases your chances of getting a relevant answer.

Here's a starter CodePen that loads all the plugins. Just click "fork" at the bottom right and make your minimal demo

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

If you're using something like React/Next/Vue/Nuxt or some other framework, you may find StackBlitz easier to use. We have a series of collections with different templates for you to get started on these different frameworks: React/Next/Vue/Nuxt.

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

Actually i want a slide child items like html marquee tag vertically, its needs to be continue and not break when its reaches to end here i have created example here

See the Pen WNKMpZV by pro-dev-jamil (@pro-dev-jamil) on CodePen

Please let me know if you need more explanation

also for you info i have used this code example in my project 

main issue is when sliding reaches its end its jump and its start from its zero position i want it to move continuously like html marquee vertical sliding, i will much appreciate your help  

Hi @Jamil and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

First of all the <marquee> tag is deprecated  so I wouldn't recommend using it:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/marquee

Lucky for there is a vertical seamless loop helper function that can do that:

See the Pen ExpQWdv by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

Hi,

Right here:

let wheel1 = verticalLoop("#slider-v .item", {
  repeat: -1,
  center: true,
  speed: 0.5, // <- How fast it moves
});

The default speed is 1, a speed of 2 means that it goes twice as fast, a speed of 0.5 (like in the code above) means that goes slower.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1