Search Community

Fade in and out transition between overlapping pinned sections with full scroll

Ahnaf Ahmed test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I am trying to create an animation where the overlapping pinned sections will do a fade in and out transition with full scroll. I've been searching all over the forums and tried myself but unfortunately not being able to create what I want. Here is a minimal demohttps://codesandbox.io/s/elated-nova-bt0fl4?file=/src/App.js

By "full scroll", I mean waiting for the transition to complete even if the user forces the scroll to an in-between spot. Similar to how FullPage.js works but with fade transition instead of sliding. 

In the minimal demo, the transition happens too quickly. However, I also want to achieve a more delayed and smooth transition that is pleasing to the eye, just like every other cool animations created using GSAP!

Looking forward to some help from the community. 

Some of the threads from the forums that I have already tried taking help from which are close to what I am trying to achieve are:

I have also attached a screen recording of what I've come up with till now

See the Pen App.js by s (@s) on CodePen

It sounds like you want the behavior of the demo below

See the Pen XWzRraJ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

If yes, then check out Observer Plugin

Chances are you'll want to mix ScrollTrigger and Observer sections so this demo may also help

See the Pen 1ccf60146d680c09ba6074bf9132778d by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

hopefully these help point you in the right direction.

• Like 1