Search Community

Inmediate snap on scrollTrigger

Joyboy test
Moderator Tag

Hi! I was trying to achieve a similar effect to this codepen (found it in the gsap showcase) , but without all the complications of the loop. Most precisely, I was trying to achieve that instant snap effect, but without restarting when the array ends.
Something exactly like this.

I spent several hours yesterday without catching it, I would really apprec.iate any start point to work arround.

Thanks in advance

See the Pen LYRwgPo by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hi @Joyboy and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

What have you tried already. Basically you posted a not extremely example from the GSAP Collection and a website that, in the landing page, it is actually using a seamless infinite loop so I'm a bit lost here 🤷‍♂️

Here  is a fork of the GreenSock example without the infinite scrolling feature:

See the Pen YzjXZKX by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

As you can see there are not many differences between the examples. As I mentioned before it would be ideal if you could provide a minimal demo showing what you have so far and a clear idea of what you're trying to achieve.

Happy Tweening!

It sounds like you might be looking for something that's less directly tied to scroll position and more about sensing "scroll-like" gestures (wheel, touch-swipes, etc.) to trigger a specific animation (move to the next card). That's pretty easy to do with Observer plugin. So you may not need to use ScrollTrigger at all. 

If you still need some help, it'd be great if you could provide a minimal demo (like a CodePen) with the most basic form of the concept so we can see it in context and have something to fork/tweak.