Search Community

Filling the button on hover from the side of the entered cursor position

CariaGu test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by alig01,

Hello everyone, is it possible to implement the filling of the button on hover, from the point where the cursor came from? Let's say if from bottom to top, then the animation will go from bottom to top of the button and so on.

I would be glad if someone shows the implementation at least from two sides. Thank You!

Absolutely, that sounds very possible with enough custom logic.

GSAP can handle the animation for sure. You'd just need to wire up event handlers that'd convert the position of the pointer into local coordinates and size things appropriately.

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to provide free general consulting or custom "how do I create this cool effect I'm thinking of?" tutorials. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer if they'd like - we just want to manage expectations.  

You are welcome to post in the "Jobs & Freelance" forum for paid consulting, or contact us directly. 

Otherwise, if you've got a GSAP-specific question just post that here along with a minimal demo and we'd be happy to take a look. Maybe give it a try and then if you get stuck, post here with your minimal demo👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GSAP Helper said:

Absolutely, that sounds very possible with enough custom logic.

GSAP can handle the animation for sure. You'd just need to wire up event handlers that'd convert the position of the pointer into local coordinates and size things appropriately.

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to provide free general consulting or custom "how do I create this cool effect I'm thinking of?" tutorials. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer if they'd like - we just want to manage expectations.  

You are welcome to post in the "Jobs & Freelance" forum for paid consulting, or contact us directly. 

Otherwise, if you've got a GSAP-specific question just post that here along with a minimal demo and we'd be happy to take a look. Maybe give it a try and then if you get stuck, post here with your minimal demo👍

Ok. Thank you :)

• Solution

Hey,

There are already a few questions that go in a similar direction. The effect you are looking for is called "ripple" if I am not mistaken.

Here are a few of them (just search for "ripple" and select "all content"):

There are also some codepens that have this kind of effect, without gsap. 

See the Pen wGWbEg by aspeddro (@aspeddro) on CodePen

See the Pen dMyQEy?editors=0010 by PezCoder (@PezCoder) on CodePen

See the Pen qdQPoL by Shyam-Chen (@Shyam-Chen) on CodePen

See the Pen eYgyyBb by thepuskar (@thepuskar) on CodePen

Hope this helps and serves as a good starting point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alig01 said:

Hey,

There are already a few questions that go in a similar direction. The effect you are looking for is called "ripple" if I am not mistaken.

Here are a few of them (just search for "ripple" and select "all content"):

There are also some codepens that have this kind of effect, without gsap. 

Hope this helps and serves as a good starting point.

Thanks a lot! I think this will help me. Good luck to you! :))

• Like 2