Search Community

ScrollTrigger animations not rendering correctly after registering ScrollSmoother in nextjs app

dialformonkey test
Moderator Tag

Hi. Looking for the proper way to call ScrollSmoother.create() inside a nextjs app. I have a couple of animations that run fine when i disable the ScrollSmoother create call. However when i enable it the animations are not working most of the time even with markers: true enabled.

I have been troubleshooting the issue and have moved the initialization to the root as well. This still does not seem to work. I am using the useIsomorphicLayoutEffect with gsap.context.

since i cant exactly recreate it on a codepen, i could dm over a few live links with both the ScrollSmoother enabled and disabled as well as send over the github repo.

Hi @dialformonkey and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member and supporting GreenSock!

There is not much we can do without a minimal demo. In the case of NextJS you can use either Codesandbox or StackBlitz to create one. This is a simple setup in Stackblitz:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/nextjs-efumgr?file=pages%2Findex.js

And here you can find the same example in Codesandbox (read only I'm afraid unless you're logged in with Github):

https://codesandbox.io/p/sandbox/practical-tamas-2xh3h4?file=%2Fpages%2Findex.tsx&selection=[{"endColumn"%3A28%2C"endLineNumber"%3A19%2C"startColumn"%3A28%2C"startLineNumber"%3A19}]

Hopefully that's enough to get you started. Let us know if you have more questions.

Happy Tweening!