Search Community

Toggle constrainScale

scotbord test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm having issues with toggle constrainScale, I am dealing with text, image and vector graphics in different ways calling the manager.constrainScale= differently for each one. (false,true and false respectively) All is fine with the text and image (loaded with some new fangled Loader classes) but with what were quite complicated movieClips and now very simple Sprites (with drawRect) the Sprite when scaled 'pops' down to a constrained size when deselected (using deselectAll()).

This is a legacy project and I have been using TransformManager for a couple of years (very happily) now and not seen this before - the legacy projects that I have no problems with are version 1.72. I first noticed when going to 1.931.

Just btw in updating I now load all the liquid stage classes too.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Hmmm, I'm not aware of any issues with constrainScale - is there any way you could send me an example FLA that I could publish on my end to explore the issue? Are you using LiquidStage on the problematic MovieClips now whereas before you weren't? Anything else change?

• 1 month later...

As usual the application has achieved epic size and to send an example is just too time consuming/difficult... Just to say however that I have noticed that this is happening with the graphics set with 9-slice scaling enabled (well here's a thing I've got the guides enabled - what does this mean?) So just to recap, I have a movieClip authored in Flash Professional which I am bringing as a class in my script (not setting any 9-slice scaling there) then I get behaviour as one would expect with constrainScale set to true and odd behaviour when set to false.

Sorry for the length in reply - thankfully very busy currently (hurrah)

Alan

I totally understand how projects can reach epic size and you don't want to post the whole thing because it would be daunting to dig through, way to big (file size) and maybe tick the client off because of NDA stuff. However, I'd STRONGLY recommend that you get in the habit of isolating problems in separate FLA files whenever you run into trouble that baffles you because it's one of the best ways to nail down issues in big/complex apps. It doesn't need to be your production files either - just simple/dumb placeholder graphics or boxes. You need to eliminate variables and other complexities that can confuse the issue. So start very basic in the separate FLA and build up until you get it to break.

Were you saying that it's impossible to create a separate FLA that demonstrates the behavior? I'd love to help, but in order to do so effectively I need to be able to reproduce the problem when publishing on my end.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i have this this problem too. I want toggle the scale behavior. To reproduce you can simply use your example from your site. Scale an image and then click "force proportional scale". The image "jumps" to its normal proportions. But i need only enable/disable proportional scaling for objects in its current state. Is this possibly?

greetings

Aha, I see what you're talking about. I just uploaded a new version of TransformManager that retains the proportions as whatever they are at the time you set constrainScale to true instead of forcing it to always use the original (unscaled) ratio. Just log into your GreenSock account to get the update: https://www.greensock.com/account/

Better?