Search Community

Installation hiccups on Astro

Alim Bolar test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Alim Bolar,

Hi 

I am new to gsap and new to astro.. so please excuse the 'newbieness'..;-)..

I was trying to install gsap on astro and wanted to know the best way forward.. I tried the CDN and the npm install but both didn't work and they gave me this error in the console

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property window of #<Window> which has only a getter

So in astro does one do the import (import {gsap} from 'gsap') within the frontmatter part or do we need to do anyting in the astro.config.mjs?

I recollect having similar issue in the past when I was experimenting with gsap with Vue3 but finally the CDN method worked there.. but in astro I can't get it to work with the CDN too..

Some hand-holding would be appreciated. I love the product and it works well on codepen etc but I'd like to use it on a personal project using astro.

Regards,

Alim

• Solution

My mistake.. it seems it's neither the frontmatter nor the astro.config.mjs... it's actually like in any other framework.. it's within the script tags in the component..;-)..

Sorry for overthinking the issue, it seems to work fine when I follow the normal methods..;-)..

However in the console I still do get the same error message.. but the code/script works fine..

Regards,

Alim