Search Community

Graceful "intentional" failure of loaderMax instance?

BGoulette test
Moderator Tag

Hi, I have a loaderMax that looks for a jpg, etc. If the requested jpg doesn't exist, I want to draw a simple gray rectangle in its place. (If the users can't be bothered to tell me the correct location of the image they want to load, I'm not going to belabor the point! ;-) )

This seems to work -- the gray rectangle gets drawn -- but I'm still seeing an error in the output window. I included an onError handler when I appended an ImageLoader onto my loaderMax instance (that's what creates the gray rectangle), but I'm still seeing the following:

[pre]

Loading error on ImageLoader 'imgHeadshot' (): Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///G|/Users/User/Documents/Folder/

[/pre]

I'm not sure if this is a LoaderMax thing or something more general, but is there anyway to avoid it? I tried wrapping the loaderMax.append and loaderMax.load statements in a try..catch, but that didn't do anything. Help?

PS: Here's what things look like right now:

private function loadHeadshot (strImage:String):void
{
// Load headshot image.
ldrHeadshot=new LoaderMax({name:"headshot", onComplete:onLmComplete, onError:onLmError});
ldrHeadshot.append(new ImageLoader(strImage, {name:"imgHeadshot", container:sprHeadshot, width:64, height:48, scaleMode:"proportionalInside", crop:true}));
ldrHeadshot.load();
}

private function onLmError (evt:LoaderEvent):void
{
sprHeadshot.graphics.beginFill(0x808080);
sprHeadshot.graphics.drawRect(0, 0, 64, 48);

onLmComplete();
}

private function onLmComplete (evt:LoaderEvent=null):void
{
sprHeadshot.x=SPR_WIDTH-(64+MARGIN);
sprHeadshot.y=MARGIN;