Search Community

Looking for GSAP dynamic and scrolling menus

EricMtl test
Moderator Tag

Hello all,

Do you know where I can find samples of  (or get clues to build a) menu fed by few levels deep JSON files and "scrolling" between levels ? By scrolling, I mean moving in order to keep only two or three last levels on the same space at screen.

We could find many of these in Flash/AS  good ol'days...

Thank for your help!

Eric

Hi,

The world of menu options is pretty much a bottomless pit. I've been doing front end development for over 10 years and I've seen so many that I can't remember. I don't know if there are threads here in the forums that go in the way you intend/describe. On top of that you need a fully dynamic solution, which brings another element into the equation, so it's even harder to find a solution example for all those requirements.

My advice would be to find something like that and emulate the animations and structure first. Then start adding the dynamic stuff to it in order to make it work the way you want/need.

If you get stuck or have some GSAP related questions during the process, don't hesitate to post them either in this thread or create a new one and we'll take a look at it and guide through the process. Just remember to include a minimal demo.

Happy Tweening!

Thank's Rodrigo !

I understand.

However, it could be hardcoded as what I need is not really dynamic (the depth may be fixed and no need to add/delete items on the fly...). I just plan to put items description into a JSON/XML file but this could be done later.

For me, the main issue is to imagine a recursive GSAP visual effect for options (button ?) that leave room for the following ones and so on... Something like that!

Eric