Search Community

GSAP 3 stops working after 2-3 days

George Dion test
Moderator Tag

I have used GSAP 2 on website and cordova application without any problem. Since i updated to version 3 when i have the cordova application at background or the website opened (but on another tab) for 2-3 days everything stop working. I am trying to do manually many kind of tweens from console to any div but nothing is hapenning. Moreover, gsap.ticker.timer is NaN.

(While the website or the application is on background no tweens are trying to be executed.)

I use the following initial settings

gsap.registerPlugin(Draggable);
                        gsap.registerPlugin(Physics2DPlugin);
                        gsap.registerPlugin(InertiaPlugin);
                        gsap.registerPlugin(EasePack);
                        gsap.registerPlugin(MotionPathPlugin);

gsap.ticker.lagSmoothing(false);

I will try without lagSmoothing to see if this is the problem, but it is so hard to reproduce because i have to wait 2-3 days every time.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, unfortunately I have zero experience with Cordova so I can't help you with that.

The one thing I can point is that GSAP's ticker property is time not timer:

// Wrong
gsap.ticker.timer

// Right
gsap.ticker.time

Hopefully other users with experience with Cordova can jump into the thread and offer some insight.

Let us know if you have more questions or run into a new status development in this subject.

Happy Tweening!

I didnt mean gsap.ticker.timer but gsap.ticker.time (it was a typo only here in the forum).

I found out that it has nothing to do with cordova. The reproduce step is simple in a simple page.

Just load GSAP 3 library and type in console:

gsap.ticker.lagSmoothing(false);

Create 2 live expressions at Chrome Console (at the eye icon)

1) new date()

2) gsap.ticker.tick(); gsap.ticker.time;

Change your computer time around 28 hours later or more (maybe 100,000 seconds?) and wait for 5-30 seconds for Chrome Tab to take the new time (you can check it in live expression 1 "new date()" when it changes).

gsap.ticker.tick() destroys gsap.ticker.time (if 28+ hours passed instantly) and it is NaN forever and of course no tween is working.

(In the other hand, if i add many times 24 hours (or anything below 27 hours) again and again is ok)