Search Community

Transform Manager and Flash Builder 4 (Flex 4)

RaXaR test
Moderator Tag

Hi there,

I am on the verge of buying the TransformManager, but before I do I would like to know some details.

I have listed them below, any help will be much appreciated.

1. Is it possible to use TransformManager in Flash Builder 4 (Flex 4)?

2. If so, are there any examples or tutorials on how to use TransformManager and integrate it into a Flex project?

3. Can the TransformManager be a target of a drag & drop operation?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sure, you can use TransformManager in Flex 4. When you purchase it, you get a sample FLA as well as a sample Flex project. FlexTransformManager extends the Canvas object, so if that can be the target of a drag and drop, then yes :) (I'm not a big Flex guy, so I'm not familiar with doing any of its drag and drop stuff)

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm just going to type it in this thread.

I found 2 bugs.

1. Manipulating the text control inside the TransformManager element doesn't work with Flash Builder 4.

I didn't need it for this project so I just deleted it.

2. For some reason I cannot "drop" on the TransformManager element itself. It's like the hit-zone doesn't exist for it.

I can however drop onto a child object of the TransformManager (I can make a small video to illustrate this if needed).

I urgently need a workaround for issue 2. any help/ideas/suggestions would be awesome.

Otherwise, a super component!!! Worth every penny, well done!

I made a workaround for the problem by adding an Image element with id="backdrop" and setting it to fill the entire area of the TransformManager.

Then I used myManager.addIgnoredObject(backdrop). I can now drop another element onto the TransformManager and handle the appropriate events.