Search Community

ScrollSmoother & Threejs

Akamiaxx test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

Hello,

I have a project with htlm images and I am creating a threejs plane per image and I am placing them using the img's getBoundingClientRect().

This part is working fine but the problem is when I try to have the scrollsmoother on both my html page and my threejs scene, in sync with ScrollSmoother.

By offseting the position of my elements by the window.scrollY this is working fine but obvioulsy I dont get the smoothness from ScrollSmoother, and when I am trying to do scrollsmoother.progress * window.scrollY I am expecting to have to correct position but this is not working.

This is how I am calculating the position of my mesh. 

image.png.ce6d607f680208b6ab73f701539b4cd1.png

This is my ScrollSmoother instance
image.png.5cb7c039ca13245642b4fbc68c022fde.png

Here is a preview with an offset with window.scrollY & another with window.scrollY * scrollsmoother.progress.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17n9zVM2ROEEFZxx_-1r67aqoory8sdTm?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Sorry I can't create one right now, but I am trying to get the scroll position in pixels from scrollsmoother. Do you have any idea of how I can get that ?

Since scrollsmoother doesnt provide that I was thinking about : scrollsmoother.progress * window.scrollY.

Any thoughts ?

• Solution

12 minutes ago, Akamiaxx said:

I am trying to get the scroll position in pixels from scrollsmoother. [...] Since scrollsmoother doesnt provide that [...]

Hello @Akamiaxx

Actually, I think it does provide that.

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Plugins/ScrollSmoother/scrollTop()

See the Pen wvjyreq by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 2