Search Community

Suddenly bad performance on Apple product

Lunakepio test
Moderator Tag

https://alex-moulinneuf.vercel.app/

I've been working on this app for months and i have a simple bit of GSAP integrated in it, 

1 week ago this was working just fine and suddenly i open the app this morning and i have terrible performance on Apple device exclusively.

tried the app on multiple iPhone (iOS 15/16) and mac, Intel/M1/ M1 PRo

meanwhile on Android even low ends and windows PC it works perfectly fine. 

any idea ? 

here's the git repository https://gitlab.com/LunakepioFR/my-next-app/

• Like 1

Hi there!

This seems to be performing fine on my mac - Chrome. Is it maybe a safari thing rather than a hardware issue? Safari recently updated to Safari 16.

We'd really love to help you figure out what's happening here - but unfortunately it's very difficult and time consuming to debug an entire repo. Here's some next steps I'd recommend to move this forward -

1) We've just released 3.11.2 - I'm not sure what version you're on now but maybe give upgrading a shot and see if that helps?

Looks like you're on the latest version, does jumping down to 3.10 or 3.11 solve anything for you?

2) Start by narrowing down the source of the performance trouble and put together a more minimal demo in codepen showing the issue so we can help more effectively. We understand this takes time that not everyone has, so in advance - thank you - we appreciate the effort.

3) Let us know what browser you were using and give us more information about the performance issue. How have you determined there is a perf issue? Is it glitchy rendering, jittering on scroll, laggy scrolling? Is a specific animation problematic?

• Like 1