Search Community

Slick Slider with GSAP

bobybrars test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone, I'm using GSAP now in about a year and I'm deeply in love <3, I usually integrate it with elementor and it works perfectly 

I am working currently with a client who has very specific needs, so one of the needs was creating a slider that looks like this https://global.utexas.edu/

I checked the website and saw it uses a js library called Slick, anyway, I want to create something like this, and I'm not a fan of installing a plugin just for this which will cause a decrease in website speed, so... can anyone give me a hint or any example made with GSAP that I looks like the slider in the attached url , Thank you very much :) :) 

Hi @bobybrars and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

Is great to hear that you're having fun with the tools and making the most out of them.

I can't remember an example that looks exactly like that, but you could definitely build something like that with Draggable. Hopefully these examples will provide inspiration for your project:

See the Pen yLNPaNO by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

See the Pen wvgaLxQ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

See the Pen RwLepdQ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

See the Pen xxgVJWo by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Unfortunately right now I don't have time to build a complete example from scratch, but if you have any issue creating your slider, don't doubt to drop us a question and we'll help you figure it out.

Happy Dragging!