Search Community

Keeping ScrollTrigger same progress on resize

Ivan Mocs test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

i have problem with scrub position when window is resized, i found the code in this forum, by using scrolltrigger.create the problem is solved but when i move page the autoalpha position immediately becomes 0, without any transition.

i am using gsap.timeline and i am getting error in code

scrubNavHide.scroll

Screenshot 2022-09-18 091820.png

See the Pen MWGpMOZ by adeivan (@adeivan) on CodePen

9 hours ago, GSAP Helper said:

It looks like your demo doesn't have any HTML or CSS in it, so it's rather useless. Can you please provide a proper minimal demo so we can see the issue in context? 

This definitely looks wrong: 

nav_hide.scroll(...)

That's a timeline which doesn't have a "scroll()" method. Perhaps you meant nav_hide.scrollTrigger.scroll(...)? 

See the Pen oNdWXqm by adeivan (@adeivan) on CodePen

this is the code, when windows is resized, the autoalpha value changes

• Solution

This is a LocomotiveScroll issue, unrelated to GSAP/ScrollTrigger. Please keep in mind that LocomotiveScroll is not a GreenSock product so we cannot support it. 

Here's a fork of your CodePen proving that when you try to call the scrollTo() method of LocomotiveScroll, it doesn't actually work properly (read the console): 

See the Pen YzLVpoK?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Also note that your previous demo was using the older LocomotiveScroll API for the scrollTo() method, but it looks like they updated it in v4 to have a different API (I fixed that in my fork above). 

You might want to consider using ScrollSmoother which is a GreenSock product and doesn't have these problems. https://greensock.com/scrollsmoother 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1