Search Community

Stagger with .from and opacity is broken in last gsap update

wpsoul test
Moderator Tag

I continue to get a lot of issues with stagger in last update. I found that when I have several animations on page with ScrollTrigger + stagger + .from direction, then it works really bad. Sometimes it loads correctly, sometimes it doesn't hide element (even those which are not in first screen), sometimes animation is not finished.

What was changed in last update for staggers?  3.10 version - hide element before animation, it's correct. 3.11 - sometimes it hides, sometimes it doesn't

See the Pen yLjaMxv by igor-sunz (@igor-sunz) on CodePen

See the Pen JjvRQrN by igor-sunz (@igor-sunz) on CodePen

• Like 1

Yep it's really weird, first I though everything was working fine like @Rodrigo said, but it is the first time when you open the codepen everything with `.split` class is visible only if you scroll and refresh the page will it work as expected. Don't know if it is only on Codepen. Tested on Safari Version 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8) macOS 12.4 (21F79).

Edit: It also happens in Chrome Version 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (x86_64) and I've also downloaded the pen (lower left > export > download .zip) and opened the index.html file in Safari and Chrome and there it also happens, so it is not Codepen

Sure, you are welcome to use that. I am not aware of any problems in that beta version. It may end up having a few more tweaks before release but I'd certainly consider it an improvement over 3.11.1 since it addresses several bugs (which of course we didn't know about when it was released).

Let us know if you run into any problems at all. Enjoy!