Search Community

Dynamic Props with scrollRect

Tamara test
Moderator Tag

Hello!

It is the first time I am using the scrollRect property. It works really good! I am trying to scroll a whole container and on resizing of the stage, the scrollrect should get bigger/smaller. I have tried to use it in combination with dynamic props but this doesn't seem to work. Is that correct?

TweenMax.to(_container, t, {dynamicProps:{scrollRect:getScrollRect}, ease:Linear.easeNone});

No, dynamicProps methods must return numeric values - a scrollRect is a Rectangle.

I'm not completely clear on what you're trying to do, but you could probably just use an onUpdate to run your custom code and make whatever adjustments you need on your scrollRect.

Hi, thanks for the replay. I just adjusted the code to use an onUpdate function and works. Thanks!

What I wanted to do is to scroll up the whole "stage" but on resizing I couldn't update the width+height of the scrolling container to the new width and height (the new stagewidth)

So my code tweens the maxPosY number and the onUpdate sets the scrollRect

TweenMax.to(this, t, {maxPosY:-_backgroundManager.height, ease:Linear.easeNone,onUpdate:setScrollRect});

private function setScrollRect():void
	{
		_scrollRect.bottom=stage.stageHeight;
		_scrollRect.top=maxPosY;
		_scrollRect.right=stage.stageWidth;
		_scrollRect.left=0;

_container.scrollRect = _scrollRect;
	}

Again, Thanks!