Search Community

Flickering problem in the viewport when scrollTrigger function is used

Cessy test
Moderator Tag

I'm currently working on a freelance project, and I happen to run into a bug when I used the scrollTrigger function. 

Whenever I scroll to this section on Chrome, there seems to be a flickering light that shows up in the viewport. Not sure what's causing this glitch as it doesn't show up on similar websites that have the same implementation. Any thoughts on how to get this addressed? 

I've inserted a photo of the code I used below:

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 10.35.18 AM.png

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to troubleshoot live sites, provide free general consulting, etc. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer if they'd like - we just want to manage expectations.  

You can post in the "Jobs & Freelance" forum for paid consulting, or contact us directly. 

Otherwise, if you've got a GSAP-specific question just post that here along with a minimal demo (like a CodePen with only some colored <div> elements that clearly illustrates the problem) and we'd be happy to take a look. 

Hey,

Try removing tweens from images around that section ( especially scale / opacity ) 

Try removing filter: blur ( if you're using )

See if this improves the overall perfomance.

This is directly related to the browser and from my experience removing these and finding alternatives solved my issue.