Search Community

How to Dynamically update GSAP Scale values in a FromTo based on screen resize

MexicoNewZealand test
Moderator Tag

Could you describe the desired effect?

I don't believe you can update a tween in the middle of its running, but you can replace it. However, if you don't need to update it while it is running, you can use a quicksetter in a window resize event function.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend checking out the new matchMedia() functionality in 3.11: 
https://greensock.com/docs/v3/GSAP/gsap.matchMedia()

Also, it’s far better to use the transform shortcuts like scale, x, y, rotation, etc. than using “transform” strings like that. Faster and more accurate. 

And yeah, you could have a tween and then in a “resize” event just record the progress of that tween, kill() it, create a new one to the new destination value and set its progress to that recorded value. 

43 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

I would highly recommend checking out the new matchMedia() functionality in 3.11: 
https://greensock.com/docs/v3/GSAP/gsap.matchMedia()

Also, it’s far better to use the transform shortcuts like scale, x, y, rotation, etc. than using “transform” strings like that. Faster and more accurate. 

And yeah, you could have a tween and then in a “resize” event just record the progress of that tween, kill() it, create a new one to the new destination value and set its progress to that recorded value. 

Hi Jack, thank you killing the tween and creating a new one solved the issue.

• Like 1