Search Community

Tween jitter while loading

midimid test
Moderator Tag

I have a process that looks to see if the first image of a long queue of LoaderMax is loaded. I have an imageCompleteHandler on the ImageLoader's complete event and check to see if that first, prioritized image is loaded. When it is, I immediately tween it while the other images are still loading in the background. None of the other images are tweened, just the one. It simply fades in alpha to 1 and tweens x the from the full width of the image to x=0.

If I set the tween to something long, like two seconds, I can see quite a bit of jitter in the movement of the animation while the other images are loading in the background. If I remove the tweening of x, the animation is rather smooth and if I wait for all of the image to load (using LoaderMax's onComplete), the animation is smooth.

Any thoughts on any way to make that animation smoother?

It can be a rather processor-intensive thing to load lots of files. That's not a problem with LoaderMax - it's just a Flash thing in general. You could try setting maxConnections to 1 on the LoaderMax so that no more than 1 file is loading at a time, and make sure you do NOT listen for any PROGRESS or CHILD_PROGRESS events (skipping those can make things easier on the processor).