Search Community

Scroll vertically inside horizontal scrolling draggable

bstnhnsl test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by bstnhnsl,

• Solution

I have a scroll triggered horizontal draggable module and want to scroll inside of the slides if the content is larger than the viewport.
Basically when you scroll inside the element and reach the bottom, the draggable element begins to scroll.

any hints on how to achieve this?

right now I can scroll inside the inner element and drag the draggable or scroll the draggable when I hover over an element that cannot scroll

See the Pen yLKRKRy by bstnjns (@bstnjns) on CodePen

Hey there. This is very specific functionality. I'm a little lost to be honest. Not entirely sure what the end result you're after is.

Are you saying this is what is happening currently or this is what you want to acheive?

Basically when you scroll inside the element and reach the bottom, the draggable element begins to scroll.

Sounds like you're going to have to weave some logic to listen to what's being scrolled, and then adjust your animations accordingly. Happy to help with GSAP specific questions if you can break down the steps you're after a little more clearly?

Not sure what happened here. The codepen is exactly how I wanted it to behave. I think I didn't run the codepen again after I updated it or got confused because I didn't add any content to the inner divs. Sorry for that!
It still doesn't work in my real world example – but that's probably not a Gsap issue.

Thanks anyways :)

• Like 1