Search Community

locomotive scroll and gsap horizontal scroll problem ( Please help~~)

Derek110 test
Moderator Tag

I have been taking almost a week to solve this problem by myself,  my problem is that if I add snap in scroller trigger variables, there is a pin spacing increasing and moving on the top, but the snap effect is working, since I really want this effect of compulsory snap scroll. If I remove snap variable everything is fine. I dont know how to use CodePen to show my code since I am using reactJs and I am the beginner of gsap and locomotive scroll, I want to make the website have the smooth behavior moving( locomotive scroll ) and gsap horizontal scroll at the same time.

I pushed my code onto Github, please whoever and take time to solve my confusion.
The related file are App.js,  App.scss, HorizontalScroll.jsx, useGsap.js, useLocoScroll.js , the rest of it please ignore:
https://github.com/Derek-Y1106/Testing

See the Pen by Derek-Y1106 (@Derek-Y1106) on CodePen

It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo and it isn't feasible to download your whole project and try to run it locally and provide free general troubleshooting for your whole codebase that involves 3rd party libraries like LocomotiveScroll. I'd strongly recommend switching to ScrollSmoother if you'd like support here (LocomotiveScroll is not a GreenSock product). 

My recommendation: see if you can recreate the issue with as few dependancies as possible. If not, incrementally add code bit by bit until it breaks. Usually people solve their own issues during this process! If not, then at least we have a reduced test case which greatly increases your chances of getting a relevant answer.

The secret to good troubleshooting: isolate, isolate, isolate.

Here is a React starter template you can fork.

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions.