Search Community

Is it possible to stop the bouncing of the pinned container that happens when I scroll?

devin_v test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

Is it possible to stop the bouncing of the pinned container that happen when I scroll?

And also to make "bg-01" disappear and "bg-03" to appears, this should happen in the background  while the "bg-02"  is pinned.

I tried to do it by setting "display" value of  "bg-01" to "none", and setting "display" value of  "bg-03" to "block", and  but when "bg-03" appears all the ST positions got changed. Is there any way to do this?

You may have to use the code pen in full screen view :)

See the Pen oNqELwg by devin09 (@devin09) on CodePen

• devin_v changed the title to Is it possible to stop the bouncing of the pinned container that happens when I scroll?
8 hours ago, devin_v said:

Is it possible to stop the bouncing of the pinned container that happen when I scroll?

I'm not seeing any "bouncing" - can you please clarify? 

8 hours ago, devin_v said:

And also to make "bg-01" disappear and "bg-03" to appears, this should happen in the background  while the "bg-02"  is pinned.

I tried to do it by setting "display" value of  "bg-01" to "none", and setting "display" value of  "bg-03" to "block", and  but when "bg-03" appears all the ST positions got changed. Is there any way to do this?

Usually it's pretty hard to follow things like "I want it to do A and B but not C while D is occurring" :) If you still need some help, I'd recommend only focusing on one piece at a time. Provide a minimal demo that only illustrates one issue, get that question answered, and then move on to the next (with a new demo). We'd love to help with any GSAP-specific questions. 

• Like 1

When  you scroll down

1 hour ago, GreenSock said:

I'm not seeing any "bouncing" - can you please clarify? 

When I scroll down, while the "bg-02" is pinned it try to move up and then jump back to the pinned position, that is what I meant by "bouncing". This occurs a lot when scrolling down little faster.

2 hours ago, GreenSock said:

Usually it's pretty hard to follow things like "I want it to do A and B but not C while D is occurring" :) If you still need some help, I'd recommend only focusing on one piece at a time. Provide a minimal demo that only illustrates one issue, get that question answered, and then move on to the next (with a new demo). We'd love to help with any GSAP-specific questions. 

Sorry for that Jack. I just wanted to explain things. This is  the full example which I tried to explain, so that you can experience "bouncing" noticeably 😕 .

See the Pen XWEZYPZ by devin09 (@devin09) on CodePen

This would make it easier for you to figure out what I was trying to explain :)

• 2 months later...