Search Community

Hide ShockinglyGreen plugins from downloading in devtools

kwastaras test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi, can you give me some tips please how i can hide the plugins when setting website live, so all of the users can't download it?

What if a client for whom i do a website, will download those plugins and will use them later in his projects for free?

• Solution

@kwastaras thanks so much for trying to guard the plugins like that. And thanks for being a Club GreenSock member! 🥳

@iDad5 is correct - if someone really wants to steal the plugins, they'll find a way. There are some strategies to better hide/protect them (like minifying them in a single file that's named something different), but we don't expect our customers to go through the hassle.

Our entire business model is built on the honor system and the belief that if we keep putting out great tools and serving our customers well, they will reciprocate the respect we extend them by joining Club GreenSock. Sure, there will always be some thieves out there, but we're more interested in focusing our attention on the good-hearted, well-meaning developers like you who make up the majority of our audience. 

• Like 1