Search Community

Urgent - sections overlapping on use of pinning

saumil_ww test
Moderator Tag

I'd like to help, especially if it's urgent, but without more information, a codPen, or a lik to the live page, it would a magician.

Magic inkling: It looks like a CSS issue, or at least could be solved that way, but please provide mor information  the screenshot isn't enough.

• Like 1

Hi, I cannot reproduce your issue from the screenshot either in Firefox mac nor Firefox windows. The section concerned looks and behaves 'wrong' on a 4k monitor though. 

Can you give more details on how to reproduce the issue?

• Like 1

Hey,

When I reach the section, then on down or up scrolling the issue is happening. I checked with other laptops then still I am facing the same issue.

If you want to see the issue by video then I can send you the recording video. 

After a little playing around, I guess I found what you mean. It happens when the user scrolls while automatic snapping  is going on. 

That's on the one hand hard to solve from a logical standpoint,  but in your care it seems that some jumping is also going on.
As there are 36 js -files loaded by that page it is very hard to isolate the issue from the page. 
You really should try to isolate it by stripping it down as far a possible. Ofen enough that alone helps figuring out where the problem originates from if not it might lead to a CodePen, that enable the people around her to point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

No, I don't have any alternate solution - I haven't really grasped your solution in detail for the reasons mentioned. I'd guess, based on experience and gut feeling, that in general your solution is the right way, you just have some (hopefully) minor glitches to even out by isolating them. And in the case that the use takes over control while automatic snapping is going on - well that's just what happens and it might be near impossible to have a page like the one you want absolutely perfect in every state of transition. Those fringe-cases usually only occur wehen the developers and designers play around for hours and can often only be spotted und the looking-glass. I'm a perfectionist too, but I try to be content with near perfection whenever possible, otherwise my kids would die from hunger, not just suffer. 

• Like 1