Search Community

Smooth Scroller error in Wordpress install

Shawn Williams test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi, I have added SmoothScroller to my wp installation and I can see that the files are loaded, however I'm getting the below error.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token 'export' (at ScrollSmoother.js?ver=6.0.1:85:1)

When looking at the smoothscroller.js file, if I comment out the /*#__PURE__*/  in the line where the error is being generated the error goes away but SmoothScroller still will not load when checking with window.SmoothScroller in the console.  Is this comment the issue or am I missing something in the installation?

export var ScrollSmoother = /*#__PURE__*/function () {

This is my current set up from what I found in the forums, any help is greatly appreciated.

// The proper way to enqueue GSAP script
// wp_enqueue_script( $handle, $src, $deps, $ver, $in_footer );
	function theme_gsap_script() {
		wp_enqueue_script( 'gsap-js2', 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/3.10.4/gsap.min.js', array('wp-mediaelement'), false, true );
		wp_enqueue_script( 'gsap-st', 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/3.10.4/ScrollTrigger.min.js', array(), false, true );
		wp_enqueue_script( 'gsap-smoother', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/node_modules/gsap/ScrollSmoother.js', array(), false, true );
	}
	add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_gsap_script' );

• Solution

Hey @Shawn Williams. Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member!

It looks like you're loading the ES Module file directly into a web page that isn't expecting a module. You should just use the minified file which is what the browser understands. In your download zip, there's a "minified" folder - use the file from there. Drop that on your server. It should be named ScrollSmoother.min.js.