Search Community

Locomotive scroll anchor link target problem

Abdul136 test
Moderator Tag

Hi, 

Hopefully you are all doing well.

I have a problem with locomotive scroll.

Here is the url : https://tensixteenbio.wpengine.com/

user: tensixteenbio
pass: 610a89b4

My problem is when you click on any dropdown menu, then the new page will be broken means there is lot of white space uderneath the page.

anchor links on locomotive scroll don't work as expected or when you click them from the header navigation.They seem to load on page refresh but not first click (content missing and other blank areas).

example: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/OIJ2ofC7cOh10E0MYLEo

Looking forward to hearing from your kind resposne.

Thank you!

There are plenty of smooth scrolling libraries out there that are free, but none of them offer what ScrollSmoother does (tight integration with ScrollTrigger/GSAP, native scroll rather than pure scrolljacking, lag/parallax features including "auto" speed, etc.) 

I think you'll find that the membership pays for itself in a matter of days or weeks and ultimately makes you more profitable. But you're welcome to try to use a 3rd party scrolling library. We just cannot support that here. 

8 minutes ago, Abdul136 said:

The above what I posted, is there any solution? 

Cassie and I have already stated multiple times that we can't support 3rd party libraries like LocomotiveScroll. We're not familiar with it and if it contains bugs, we can't fix them. These forums are for GreenSock products (please read the forum guidelines). 

3 minutes ago, Abdul136 said:

Sounds good. But It's better if It's free like other plugin..

I would encourage you to read this: 

Everybody wants "free" but few people actually consider the very high price of "free" products. Often you get what you pay for. Look how many libraries are abandoned or full of bugs. We spend hundreds of hours every month actively supporting these tools, answering questions, innovating, and pushing things forward. ALL of that is made possible by Club GreenSock members. That's what keeps the lights on here and allow us to continue doing what we do. 

If you don't see the value, that's totally fine - I'd never want you to feel pressured into joining. We're passionate about having happy customers around here. We don't want money from anyone who doesn't feel like they get amazing value. Use the core tools under the standard "no charge" license as much as you want and look for free alternatives for the members-only plugins but beware that you may have to burn a lot of hours trying to get them to work and seeking support from their authors. 

Best wishes and happy tweening!