Search Community

New page doesn't scroll on navbar item click

Arunkrs test
Moderator Tag

Hello GSAP Heroes,

I'm facing an issues with scrolling. I've a navbar with multiple links. Index page is scrolling fine without issues, but when I clicked on navbar item it redirects to the page but that page doesn't scroll until I refresh it.

I don't know what to do. I've used gsap, locomotive scroll and barba js.

See the Pen QWmKjJJ by arunkrs (@arunkrs) on CodePen

Hello @Arunkrs

If you are using locomotive-scroll for smooth-scrolling and barba.js for page-transitions, and your problem is that your website doesn't scroll anymore after a page-pransition, this really does not sound like a GSAP issue at all but more like logic-issues with regard to locomotive-scroll and barba.js.

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to provide free general consulting or logic troubleshooting - especially with regard to different 3rd party libraries. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer if they'd like - we just want to manage expectations.  

You will probably have to make sure to either properly update your locomotive-scroll instance after the transition or to destroy the instance on the old page on leave and create a fresh instance on enter of the new page - there are different approaches to that, depending on how exactly you have things set up. But again; I really don't think that is in any way related to GSAP.

There is a section in the barba docs for how to handle 3rd party scripts - it even has a part dedicated to locomotive-scroll suggesting how to handle things with smooth-scrolling libraries as such - I would suggest starting there. Happy tweening!

https://barba.js.org/docs/advanced/third-party/

• Like 3