Search Community

Code review using TimelineLite

bdavey311 test
Moderator Tag

Hello Jack!

First off - this entire process is blowing my mind with what's capable and I think you should start a school ;) I can see it now - Greensock University.

Could use a little help with some code review. I inserted the very last line of code (logoMC autoAlpha to 0) and all the sudden the entire animation won't play. It was just working and I only need it to fade out! What gives?

stop();

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([blurFilterPlugin, AutoAlphaPlugin]);

var tl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
tl.insertMultiple([TweenLite.from(preAtom, 2, {scaleX:.1, scaleY:.1, ease:Linear.easeOut}),
			   TweenLite.from(logoAniMC, 3, {scaleX:.1, scaleY:.1, rotation:-720, autoAlpha:0, ease:Cubic.easeOut})],-.5);
tl.append(TweenLite.to(logoAniMC, .5, {x:-193, ease:Strong.easeIn}),-.6);				   
tl.append(TweenLite.to(preAtom, 1, {autoAlpha:0}), -1.5);
tl.append(TweenLite.to(logoAniMC, .5, {x:-193, ease:Strong.easeIn}),-.6);
tl.appendMultiple([TweenLite.from(sparkMC, .1, {autoAlpha:0}),
			   TweenLite.to(sparkMC, .4, {autoAlpha:0})],-.1, TweenAlign.START,0.2);
tl.append(TweenLite.from(sparkMC, .4, {scaleX:.1, scaleY:.1}),-.7);
tl.insertMultiple([TweenLite.from(logoMC, .1, {autoAlpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut}),
			   TweenLite.from(logoMC, 1, {blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10}}),
			   TweenLite.to(logoAniMC, .1, {autoAlpha:0, ease:Strong.easeOut})],2.85);

tl.appendMultiple([ TweenLite.from(KineticCompaniesTXT, 1.25, {blurFilter:{blurX:50}}),
			  	TweenLite.from(KineticCompaniesTXT, 1, {autoAlpha:0, scaleX:.8, scaleY:.8, ease:Strong.easeOut})],-1);

t1.append(TweenLite.to(logoMC, 1, {autoAlpha:0}));

Also I tried the allTo method to get 2 instances to fade out but no go on that either. What did I do wrong? ;)

t1.append(TweenMax.allTo([KineticCompaniesTXT, logoMC], 1, {autoAlpha:0}));

The entire animation won't play as soon as you add that one tween? Hm, is your FLA throwing any errors when you compile? This sounds very fishy - could you post a simple example that I can publish myself (doesn't need to be your production files - just a simple example that demonstrates the issue). There must be something else going on in your file. I'll be able to know for sure once I see it.

You just had a typo. "t1" instead of "tl". Flash was indeed throwing a compile error which stopped everything from working.

Also, if you're going to do a TweenMax.allTo(), that returns an array of tweens, so you need to use appendMultiple() instead of append() to get them into the TimelineLite.

tl.appendMultiple(TweenMax.allTo([KineticCompaniesTXT, logoMC], 1, {autoAlpha:0}));

Wow. That's always fun. I don't know how I mixed that up. Thanks man!

My next venture is to understand the animateIn() and animateOut() features of TweenMax. OOP is a little new to me but I want to master this. You said it could change the way I animate and that sounds like a challenge!

I'll be taking that current code for the animation and appending another intro once the logo fades. Cheesy plug, but if you get bored... ;)

Thanks again homey,

bD