Search Community

Is it posible to have 2 different easing types on parent and child elements

heavylifting test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

In the codepn below the titles are the parent and the spans (the child inside the h1 are) the orange blocks. As well as fading in, I'm also trying to get the text to slide in a wee bit rather than just apear, or bounce in along with the orange block, is it possible to have two animation one fo the parane one for the child? 

Thanks

See the Pen LYQJwKQ by heavymessing (@heavymessing) on CodePen

But can you have two different animations on the parent and child? In this case there is a bounce animation on the H1 and within the H1 are the span tags, how can I get an ease in animation on the span tag/s and not have them bounce in at the same time?

Edited by heavylifting
spelling, I have dyslexia.

I've updated your pen and now the text spins at the same time the box is coming in. This is done with the position parameter  add `tl.from(...,{}, "<") to a tween will make it start at the same time as the previous tween. If you replace "<" with 0 it will start at the beginning of the timeline (which will be the same as "<" in this case)

See the Pen WNzbVOd?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 1

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah you're animating an element so everything in that element will animate. You could calculate how to animated the inner span so that it would move the opposite way with the parent so that it would look like it is standing still, but why not disconnect the two elements and let them both be children from a parent? Seems like an easy fix. 

Or you could position the span element absolutely so that it disconnects from the parent, but that again seems like a lot more hassle then just fixing the HTML logic so that you don't have to do anything complicated. 

• Like 1

Not if you put the bounce on the element you want to bounce (the child) and have an other effect on the other child. Just don't put an effect on an element on which you not want the children to inherit their traits, that is just how the parent/child relationship works.

• Like 1