Search Community

Scrolling remove and add class name to a pin element

willdzoan31 test
Moderator Tag

I've setup my codesandbox like this: https://codesandbox.io/s/adoring-panna-c6liiw?file=/src/styles.css:36977-36980

I want to add an animation that when you scroll down, it will pin the table to the center, and it will add/remove class to the left column accordingly to give a feel like you switching tab while scrolling.

So for my setup, I want it to add class "element-active" to the div with the class ".element-tab-title". Can anyone point me to the right direction? I'm literally don't have any ideas how to achieve this effect.

Note: The id for all the div on the left would be one, two, three, four, five. These are the elements that I want to add/remove class "element-active"

Hey there!

From the scrollTrigger docs

toggleClass String | Object - Adds/removes a class to an element (or multiple elements) when the ScrollTrigger toggles active/inactive. It can be either of the following:
  • String - The name of the class to add to the trigger element, like toggleClass: "active"
  • Object - To toggle a class for elements other than just the trigger, use the object syntax like toggleClass: {targets: ".my-selector", className: "active"}. The "targets" can be selector text, a direct reference to an element, or an Array of elements.
Note that toggleActions don't apply to toggleClass. To have toggle class names in a different way, use the callback functions (onEnter, onLeave, onLeaveBack, and onEnterBack).

Ok! That's ingenious but probably not really a workable solution.

So the snippet I pointed to earlier - toggleClass, does exactly what you're after.

You can pass the following property to scrollTrigger -

toggleClass: {targets: ".my-selector", className: "active"}

and it will add a class that you choose to the element you've specified.

Like so -

See the Pen wvyYJNO by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willdzoan31 said:

Last question, can I toggle multiple class at the same time? Like have another sections array and add the class to it?

Anything is possible with enough time and custom JavaScript logic but I don't really follow this sorry.

So in my case, I have the div on the right (it's the content for each of the div on the left), it's all have style of display: none right now. Whenever I add the "active" class to the left, it will also add the "active" on the right (which will remove the display: none for that div)