Search Community

how can I implement preloader while I have no images on the project?

Mukhriddin test
Moderator Tag

Hi there Mukhriddin,

I assume this is a pen you've found online because it's using old GSAP syntax and has a structure in place to hook up to the progress of loading images. If you're not loading images you just need a timeline. My advice would be to start from scratch, don't follow this pen as it's going to just confuse things.

Just start by planning out the steps of your animation and then creating them on a timeline.

e.g.

1 - Scale up progress bar from 0 to 100

2 - fade out progress bar

3 - fade in - 'content loaded' text

If you have GSAP specific questions about that, pop back with a minimal demo!

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, Cassie said:

Hi there Mukhriddin,

I assume this is a pen you've found online because it's using old GSAP syntax and has a structure in place to hook up to the progress of loading images. If you're not loading images you just need a timeline. My advice would be to start from scratch, don't follow this pen as it's going to just confuse things.

Just start by planning out the steps of your animation and then creating them on a timeline.

e.g.

1 - Scale up progress bar from 0 to 100

2 - fade out progress bar

3 - fade in - 'content loaded' text

If you have GSAP specific questions about that, pop back with a minimal demo!

Hi Cassie!

Could you please, give me a shot in code here. I really don't have an idea how to implement it. 

See the Pen PoQdGjy by mshakhriyorov (@mshakhriyorov) on CodePen

I hope you understand me)

Hi @Mukhriddin

1. If you have no images, what's the point of your "preloader progress"? Like...what are you basing the amount on? For example if it's at 50%, what does that even mean? 50% of what?
  2. It's not clear at all what you want the preloader to look like, so there's no way we can offer tips on how you'd code it. For example, is it a circle that draws a line in a clockwise fashion? Or a huge bar that fills the screen left-to-right, etc.?
  3. These forums are for GSAP-specific questions. Unfortunately, we can't provide "build-to-order" solutions where you give us a list of requirements and we do the work of building it for free. We'd love to answer any GSAP-specific questions, though.