Search Community

Frame rate of loaded swf through LoaderMax

carlosfandang test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am running my main site at 30fps and most of my loaded swfs are at the same fps. However, I have a number of flash banners I have made in the past that I want to display using Loadermax. These banners run at between 12-15fps (I no long have the fla's just the swf's, so can't change them) - when loaded they run at 30fps as per the main site. I don't suppose there is a way of running them at their own fps??

Cheers

Fandang

By default, all swf content runs at the parent's frame rate. The only idea I can think of (and it requires that there aren't any security restrictions on the subloaded swf and that all of its animation is on the root timeline and there are NO more deeply-nested animations in various MovieClips) is to use a TweenMax frame tween to control the subloaded swf's root. So you'd stop() the subloaded swf's timeline and do a TweenMax frame tween whose duration is however long that timeline is and make sure you set the ease to Linear.easeNone. If the root is supposed to run at 12fps and it has 48 frames, you'd do a 4-second tween to the last frame number (totalFrames). Again, this isn't a perfect solution for every situation - just one idea that may work in a very particular scenario.

In AS3, you can also change the fps so you could just slow it down when that banner has to run.

Thanks for the quick reply, as always I appreciate your kidn help. I started looking into all your suggestions and then suddenly had a "newbie" brainwave (stroke/ wonder if!), I tried it and it works!!

Bascially, I imported the swf into the library and went into the movieclip and just added 2 more frames for each keyframe. So, whilst probably not the done thing, it's slowed everything down by 2/3rd's - result. Of course it's easier on a small web banner, but will look into your suggestions for content that is more complex.

Thanks again, you the man.

Fandang