Search Community

Scrolltrigger breaks on Chrome while recording screen

Maniak Development test
Moderator Tag

I have a really weird issue that only happens on Google Chrome. While recording my screen the scrolltrigger breaks, I did some testing and this only seems to happen on Chrome, I did some research but couldn't find a reason why.
I just need some help or if this is something that has been reported before. I think is more of an issue with Chrome instead of Gsap but I just wanted to try my luck in this forum because I can't find a fix.

10 minutes ago, elegantseagulls said:

Do you have a CodePen that shows this? Also what screen recorder and OS are you using?

I don't have a codepen cause the issue is on my actual website, on codepen I can't reproduce the issue.
I'm using a macbook so I use the native recorder program. I can upload some videos of the issue.
It seems like when I record the computer uses a lot of resources and that makes chrome to behave slower which causes the scrolltrigger to not function properly

Nope, nobody else has reported something like that and I certainly haven't experienced it. Very curious to see a minimal demo if you've got one. I know you said you can't reproduce on CodePen, though, so I'm not sure what else to suggest. There isn't anything in ScrollTrigger that runs conditional logic based on if it's the Chrome browser, so I can't imagine what the issue could be from our end. Tough to troubleshoot blind. 🤷‍♂️ 

Even if the browser runs slowly, that shouldn't cause ScrollTrigger to completely break. Sure, there might be a bit of a delay or jerkiness if your browser is going nuts with CPU usage, but not totally breaking unless you've got some logic on your end that's killing ScrollTriggers or overwriting animations or something like that.